Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ok I Admit It I'm A Closet Twilighter




So in yesterdays post I mentioned that I had been doing some reading during my recuperation time. Well today I am going to let you in on my embarrassing secret....I am a total Twilight junkie. Honestly, I have no idea how it happened. I watched the movie on my cable On Demand channel one afternoon because let's face it it is summer and their is absolutely nothing to watch right now. Of course after seeing the movie I was a little smitten with the "beatiful" Cullen clan (blushes), but the story between Bella and Edward really got my curiosity stirred up so I had to find out more. So I hit the internet and was totally overwhelmed by the sheer number of Twilight related sites. I eventually stumbled upon Stephenie Meyer's site and after reading the back story about how the books came about I decided to at least read the first one. I mean let's face it, the book is always better than the movie right? So my friend picked me up a copy of Twilight and thus was my rapid decent into Twilight Saga madness born. Within a week I had read all four of the books and had started re-reading Twilight again.

I sheepishly admit that the books have inspired me to come up with many jewelry design ideas. I must give Stephenie kudos for her ability to paint a picture with words. Her descriptions of the colors related to certain scenes in the book have been a great inspiration in particular. So look for some Twilight inspired pieces coming soon. And here is an inside scoop for those of you who are reading this, because I haven't completely come to terms with my Twilight obsession yet (because let's face it, I am not a hormonally driven adolesent and therefore it is a bit embarrassing to admit) I will not have a separate Twilight section in my shop. So if you are interested in seeing my inspired creations the best way to do so will be to go to my ETSY shop and in the search bar at the top of the shop type in the word Twilight. This will return a page of all of my listings containing this tag. As of this post I don't have anything listed but I hope to have a few things up over the weekend.

Ok so thats enough embarrassing confessions for now. Let me just leave you with a couple of cool links.

Stephenie's site: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com

Rob Pattinson sings too: http://www.robert-pattinson.co.uk/music

And of course some pics:








No comments: