Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to Blogging

Well I've really neglected the old blog this year. I noticed my last post was way back in March. With the year almost at its end I have vowed to revisit the blog-o-sphere. I'm gonna try to get things back on track here and begin to post again on a regular basis.

So why the long hiatus? Well, it's been a crazy year around here. I am very happy to say that my dad is still recovering very well. This month is the one year anniversary of his laryngectomy surgery. This time last year we were so busy with his nursing care and recovery my mom and I barely had time to breath much less do anything else. He was a very sick fellow but he is improving everyday and is cancer free as far as we know. He is eating now and hopefully the feeding tube will be removed next month. We have been very blessed.

As for me, things are about the same. I have been trying to learn more advanced metal smith techniques to apply to my jewelry. I've been learning to make bezels and set cabochons which has been a lot of fun. I found this wonderful group of artists on Etsy called the Aspiring Metalsmiths. They are a wonderful group of exceptionally talented artisans and have been integral to my learning new jewelry and metal skills. They are so very friendly and forthcoming with wonderful advice and encouragement. Please take a few minutes to check out their beautiful work in there Etsy shops. You can find a list of members and links to each one's shop here:
http://www.etsy.com/teams/5627/aspiring-metalsmiths  
Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

So bear with me and we'll see how this works out. I have some new pieces that I'll be sharing on occasion. I want to try to share some of the neat techniques that I'm learning as well so hopefully there will be some techniques posts coming. I'll try to keep things as interesting as I can and not bore you all to much. I would like to introduce you all to some of the great folks in the AMT and do some feature posts to showcase their amazing work. So hang in there and hopefully we will have a fun and informative blogging year.

Till next time.........



No comments: