Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wonderful News

Well we made yet another trip to Winston Salem yesterday for a follow up appointment for dad. The surgeons feel that he is progressing very well. They gave him instructions to begin plugging his trach 24 hours a day and to try to melt ice chips in his mouth and swallow them. If he does well this week with having the trach plugged at all times and can swallow the ice chips without aspirating they plan to remove his trach next week when we go back on Monday. That will be such a wonderful thing for him to get rid of the trach. Then the next step will be to learn to swallow foods safely without aspirating anything and then he can finally eat again. I must say that God is Great. He has blessed us so much throughout this whole experience and I must give Him all the praise and glory.
I am so proud of my dad as well. He has done so well and is working so very hard to get well. I just pray that he will be able to continue to progress. I just wanted to give a quick update. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hopefully I will be able to get back to doing the featured shop posts and blog giveaways soon. Have a great day.

1 comment:

littledeadmommy said...

That's great news. I wish you all the best and hope for your dad's continuing improvement.