Saturday, February 7, 2009

Some Questions Finally Answered

Well it appears that I may have spoken too soon in my last post in regards to my health improving. I have been to see 4 different doctors for a total of 5 visits since my last post. I did have some blood work done and finally got some answers that I have been waiting on for over 3 years now. I have had really odd symptoms for 3+ years and was never given a definitive answer as to why I have so much fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness, etc, etc, etc. Well they finally did an EBV (epstein barr virus) test which was positive which now seems to suggest CFIDS (chronic fatigue syndrome). I don't know what to think exactly. With my nursing background I know enough physiology to know that this makes sense when I compare it to my symptomology. It totally explains the cyclical nature of my symptoms as well as the intense often dibilitating fatigue. So now I guess I just have to take it one day at a time. We will just have to see where things go from here. I don't know why I am even posting this. Sometimes you just have to get things out of your head and down on paper or computer whatever the case may be. Anyway if anyone reads this please feel free to leave comments or share stories. God Bless and have a great day.

2 comments:

Som's Studio said...

Your post made me sad...I had no idea you were so sick. Is there any solution to this?

mistyridge said...

Thanks Som but unfortunately no there is no "cure" other than just trying to eat right and stay as healthy as i can between flare-ups.