Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Grandmother Used to Say......

When I was younger my grandmother used to tell me that whatever you were doing when the new year rolls around you will end up doing that same thing for the rest of the year. I never really put much stock in it. I always thought that was her way of saying "you better be good and stay out of trouble". In other words no heavy new year's partying that you might regret later. You know keep your nose clean and stay out of mischief. But this year I have been thinking about what she said and wondering........hmmmm?

If any of you have read my hum drum little blog you know that I haven't been feeling well. Thus at 12:01 am Jan. 1, 2009, I was sick and in bed. And here it is 2 weeks into the new year and I'm still not feeling 100%. Maybe Grandma was right. This is one instance where I kinda hope she wasn't. Anyway, just remember what my grandmother used to say. If we are all fortunate enough to see another New Year try to choose your celebrations wisely. Surround yourself with people you love and who love you, be safe, be smart, and try to keep the mischief to a minimum lol.

No comments: